Friday, October 22, 2010

Love for Applecheeks


About 6 months ago I purchased a size one Applecheeks diaper from babyhalfoff.com . I had been wanting to try this diaper for a long time, and had considered getting these instead of the Rumparooz. Needless to day I jumped at the chance to buy one to try for half price. I think, with shipping, I paid around $13 for this diaper. It did not come with an insert. You can check out the features of this diaper at http://applecheeks.com/site/en/What_Envelope_Cover.html

PREPPING THE DIAPER:

Prepping this was a breeze. I think I washed it twice before trying it. Again, it was just the envelope cover, so there is very little material to retain manufacturing residues.

QUALITY OF MATERIALS:

The fleece in this diaper is indeed super soft. The elastic is of high quality and over all the diaper seems very durable.

ABSORBENCY:

Without an insert it's hard to make assessments about absorbency, but I have had no leaks using other inserts in this cover.

OVERALL SATISFACTION:

I was a little put off by AppleCheek's 2 size system. I'm pretty cheap, after all, and wasn't enthused about buying these diapers twice in a baby lifetime. After watching the videos and learning more about these diapers I believe they really would be a better, trimmer fit; which would lead to a more comfortable baby (especially at night when you need more inserts) and less leaking. Ammon isn't picky and doesn't seem to care how bulky his diapers are until they are wet, and even then he didn't make any indications he wanted to be changed until he was nearly two years old.

The size two diaper had sold out by the time I got to baby half off to buy one of these, so I ended up purchasing a size one. Ammon was a little over 20 lbs, but his legs are quite trim and he was still using the smallest waist sized option on our other diapers, so I thought I'd probably get a few uses out of it. I was pregnant at the time, so I wasn't concerned about it being used. It did fit Ammon on the largest settings, but with the amount of inserts needed it was pretty stretched. I was impressed: without a doubt this diaper will fit a 20 lb baby. The few times Ammon used it we had no leaks.

We also used this diaper when taking Sarah's newborn pictures. She was 5 days old. I was able to make the diaper small enough to fit her, but with a regular sized insert it looked huge. I ended up taking the insert out all together for cuteness. I wasn't intending the session to go nearly three hours after changing her into this diaper, so it was quite wet and poopy by the time we were done. With no insert, I could feel wetness on the outside of the diaper, but it didn't really leak onto the blankets.








Ok, so these pictures don't show the diaper that well...but they were the cutest and truthfully none of the pictures show the diaper really well. I do like the sort of frilly look the legs have, very girlie. Stretched out on Ammon, this diaper did not have that quality.

I am currently using disposables on Sara, as she's still in a newborn sized diaper. She's one month old and nearly 9 lbs I'm guessing. I hope to start putting her into this diaper in the next few weeks, using the newborn insert from my Rumparooz. I'll update this once we've had more opportunity to truly use the diaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment